Follow Me!

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Fashion Inspiration: Lolita & Bodyline

Lolita is a Japanese fashion culture, which takes its inspiration from English Victorian-era clothing. The focus was originally on modesty and the quality of the clothes. Lace, ample skirts and intricate details are classic Lolita elements, ade there are strict rules that must be adhered to. Here are some of my favourite Lolita sub-styles and some of the pieces from budget-replica store Bodyline (I'm too cheap to be able to afford actual brand Lolita, although imo it's extortionate anyway):

Sweet Lolita


Sweet Lolita consists of cute designs, bright colours and a lot of childlike designs - cakes and teddies are particularly popular.

Here are some items from Bodyline that I thought would work in a Sweet 'co-ord':



Gothic Lolita


Gothic Lolita is darker and more mature - black, purple and red are popular colours. Here are some Bodyline pieces that could work well in a Gothic co-ord:



Casual Lolita:


Casual Lolita is more toned-down, and usually involves incorporating just one or two Lolita aspects into everyday clothes - for example, a Lolita skirt with a simple blouse and headdress. Here are some Bodyline pieces that could work in a Casual co-ord:


Wa Lolita


Wa Lolita combines the staple Lolita silhouette with traditional Japanese clothing. This is one of my favourites, as it is very elegant and I love the mix of traditional with modern. Here are some Bodyline pieces that would work in a Wa co-ord:


Country Lolita

Country Lolita is quite similar to Sweet Lolita, however it is more focused on gingham, wicker baskets and fruit - I suppose you could say it is similar to Red Riding Hood! Here are some pieces that I think would work in a Country co-ord:







I had to put 5 up for country because they're all so lovely! I really want a Lolita dress, hopefully I will be able to afford one xD I have to say, I am in love with the red spotty one up there^

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Country and sweet lolita is my favourite! x

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio